John Minnich – My Story
John Minnich has extensive professional experience in business and academia as both practitioner and university faculty. In 2014, he founded an advisory and consulting practice, John Minnich, LLC | Strategic Business Advisory. With passions for leadership, management, and strategy, John enjoys engaging with clients on forward-thinking initiatives. John facilitates professional development sessions (i.e., business leadership, CFO/business partner, executive leadership, and management) for CFOs and CPAs. During John’s career, he has served in several leadership roles including the C-suite. With a consistent record of proven results as a business executive and financial leader, he has a history of driving organizational excellence.
An affiliate including director of professional development, John has incorporated the Complete Advisory Solution (CAS) provided by Oodles, LLC. Oodles trains and coaches CPA firms how to create repeatable, documented processes to add advisory services to their list of client service offerings. John engages with clients on forward-thinking initiatives, including the Complete Advisory Solution and how firms can best serve their clients through advisory services.
As a CFO Executive Forum Leader, he enjoys representing Renaissance Executive Forums in northeast Indiana. Through continuous growth mindset, John is responsible for methodology and structure for the CFO Fort Wayne forum, enriching each member’s experience and integrating members into our global community.
- An Indiana CPA Society member since 2004, John was a 5-year member of the INCPAS leadership cabinet and served 2 years on the leadership council for a total of 7 consecutive years. He also served as board of trustee’s president for the Indiana CPA Educational Foundation.
- During his career, roles have included CFO with oversight of financials including budgeting and forecasting, risk management, admissions, enrollment and retention, facilities, financial aid, human resources, and information technology. As CFO, he was responsible for and led teams setting and managing annual budgets and forecasts, human resource management, student financial aid budget, annual financial audits, care and planning for facilities and grounds, and state regulations for a private school. He oversaw tuition management and enrollment of all students, including establishing guidelines for which students were admitted and received financial assistance.
- John invested time in Parkview Health‘s corporate office as financial operations analyst, a role involving financial reporting (doctor board meeting presentations) for Parkview’s Endoscopy Center, Inverness Surgery Center, and Orthopedics.
- During his tenure in public accounting/consulting with firms, John served clients in construction, manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, retail, nonprofit, professional service providers, and several others. As a systems consultant for several years, John helped clients with their accounting software and technology including software implementation, report writing, training and support, and data imports and integrations. Software included ERP accounting systems and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Following a 10-year career in public accounting (3 regional/local firms) as both auditor and systems consultant (technology division), John added higher education (5 universities as faculty) to his journey. In 2019, he was invited to participate in a national faculty candidate search solidifying a lecturer role in both MBA and undergraduate accounting programs with Purdue University Fort Wayne – Doermer School of Business. His responsibilities to the university include financial management strategy.
- From 2021-2023, John served as president for the Fort Wayne Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI), a professional association comprised of nearly 100 financial leaders in northeast Indiana where he helped grow the Chapter. With FEI at the national level, John serves as a mentor for emerging financial leaders as well as a member of Financial Executives International’s Committee on Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC).
- He is a member of American Institute of CPAs, Financial Executives International, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Indiana CPA Society and National Speakers Association. As a national speaker, John has facilitated professional development sessions for the Indiana CPA Society and Virginia Society of CPAs.
- A Leadership Fort Wayne alum and Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly “Forty Under 40” recipient, John completed professional development programs in (1) Executive, (2) High-Performance, and (3) Strategic Human Resources Leadership through eCornell.
“John Minnich is an intelligent businessman and experienced educator, as a Chief Financial Officer and as a University Professor. I have known John for several years. He has integrated a diverse set of skills to develop an essential resume.”
- Master of Accountancy (MAcct), Manchester University
- BS in Financial Accounting, Manchester University
- Certificate in Executive Leadership, eCornell (Cornell University)
- Certificate in High-Performance Leadership, eCornell (Cornell University)
- Certificate in Strategic Human Resources Leadership, eCornell (Cornell University)
- Founder and Principal, John Minnich, LLC | Strategic Business Advisory
- CFO Executive Forum Leader, Renaissance Executive Forums
- President, Financial Executives International-Fort Wayne
- Director of Professional Development, Oodles – Complete Advisory Solution
- Experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)